Right at the beginning of the semester, the Institute for Numerical Methods and Informatics in Civil Engineering upgraded its hardware. The hardware – the robot “WALL.iib” ;) and a powerful computer specially equipped for artificial intelligence tasks – were acquired as part of the HSP2020 funds. In the future, robots and artificial intelligence will take over more and more tasks in the context of data-driven workflows. This development can also be observed in the field of engineering. The hardware will be used in teaching and in the context of student theses in the areas of automation and artificial intelligence.
A short profile of our hardware:
- Place of birth: Husarion, Poland
- Language skills: Python, C++ (Learn my language if you want to talk to me)
- Superpower: LIDAR
- Personality: I am curious and love to learn!
- Measures: 200 x 235 x 220mm [L x W x H]
- Weight: 2,84kg (But I can carry up to 10kg!)
- Motherboard: ASUS PRIME TRX40 – PRO S – Motherboard – ATX
- CPU: AMD Ryzen Thread Ripper 3970X – 3.7 GHz
- RAM: 32GB (2x 16GB DDR4)
- Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 24GB
- Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2